As well as the external TripAdvisor site you are able to share your reviews through your own media. By installing the TripAdvisor widget people can leave reviews through your own website or you can share reviews through your Facebook account.
A popularity ranking grades you compared to competitors within a close geographical location, as with any review system people are drawn to properties praised by others.
A company’s popularity ranking relies on three things: quality, quantity and the age of reviews. To improve your popularity ranking you must take all three factors into account.
- Quantity – Encourage current and past guests to leave reviews.
- Quality – Monitor reviews and use them to constantly improve your business
- Age of reviews – More recent reviews effect your popularity ranking, keep fresh feedback rolling in.
TripAdvisor Management Centre
The TripAdvisor Management Centre is a free tool provided by TripAdvisor which gives users access to marketing tools that help you:
- Control your property page
- View page statistics
- Encourage reviews
- Write management responses
- Register more than one employee/representatives to manage the profile
- Download cards, flyers and leaflets to remind guests to leave a review
- Email reminders encouraging people to leave reviews
To access the TripAdvisor Management Centre you simply: search for the property, provide your registration name, your name, your company role, email and telephone number and then agree to the company terms and conditions.
TripAdvisor need to take verification of your role within the company to ensure there is no fraud or false association with businesses. The quickest and easiest way to do so is to enter your credit card details, no charges will come from your account it is simply a way to deter fraud. The other option is to verify your role through fax/email however this can take several weeks.
How to Market your Property on TripAdvisor for Free
- Register with the Management centre
- Share as much information as you can
- Upload photos
- Upload videos
- Encourage guests to leave reviews
- Monitor your reviews
- Respond to reviews to show their opinion matters to the business
- Evaluate your feedback compared to competitors
How to manage guest reviews
70% of travelers say seeing manager’s feedback encourages them to use/visit a company, therefore it is important to leave feedback and engage with users, demonstrating that your relationship extends beyond their time with the company.
Through the Management Centre you can sign up to receive an email every time a review is left, this notification will allow you to monitor and respond to reviews in real-time.
How to respond to reviews:
- Good reviews – Simply respond with a sincere thank you.
- Bad reviews – Thank users for the feedback and take the opportunity to show how you have/will make improvements. Remember to remain amicable and professional as your response may be viewed by hundreds, potentially thousands of users.
TripAdvisor offers other services that users can opt to pay for, these include:
- Business listings
By Colin Harris