This December we helped our client Roman Limited by converting their Roman Showers website to mobile-optimised responsive website. This move enabled them to keep their current site whilst giving users on a mobile phone or tablet an enhanced experience optimised for their device.
We worked intensively with the in-house team at Roman to provide a website which both delivered a great experience for Mobile users, but also kept the existing desktop site intact and functional. David Osborne, Managing Director at Roman, stated: “The introduction of our new mobile website encourages further use of our website on the go as it is now extremely easy and convenient for the user.”
Find out more about why Mobile is important for your business – and get in touch with us to discuss what we can do to help increase business via Mobile for your website.
Please check out the latest article on NBSL featuring Colin Harris’ views on the 5 biggest mistakes when setting up an e-commerce website, as part of their Business Bullets programme of help and advice for Business in Northumberland.
It’s been another busy few months for the staff at CHWD, and here are our latest inspirational gallery of websites launched for our fantastic clients. If you’d like to talk about upgrading your website to one which converts and increases the value of your business, please get in touch.
Today sees the launch of a new service from Colin Harris Website Development – a series of Video Blogs by the owner on a variety of Internet-related topics. Vlogs will be added weekly to the company youtube channel and also listed on a special Video Blog page.
Drawing on 20 years of experience working with the Internet, Colin gives his thoughts and advice on a range of topics from website design, e-commerce, social media and search engine optimisation. Forthright and honest, the Video Blogs will be of interest to anyone wanting to make the most of their online presence.
Suggestions for future Vlog topics are more than welcome and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
By Colin Harris
Looking into launching a new website for your business, but need some help on the financial side of things? Fortunately there are several sources of funding available in the North East which can assist with the costs of website design, development and other services.
The assistance, from a European funding source, has a very wide remit of criteria and can range from 40% to 100% of funding, dependent on the location and nature of your business. Preference is given to businesses with a mainly business-to-business turnover, but the funders have latitude for companies which meet their main objectives.
If your business is:
- Located in the North East
- Has less then 250 employees
- Has not received funding since March 2013
- Has commenced trading
…then funding may be available to you. We have delivered many projects already so we know how effective and straightforward this funding is to obtain. Please get in touch for an informal chat and to find out more.
By Colin Harris
Read and enjoy – and once digested click here to get in touch about making your site mobile-optimised. It’s more cost effective than you’d imagine.
- 58% of all consumers already own a smartphone.
- Over 1.2 billion people access the web from their mobile devices.
- Global mobile traffic now accounts for 15% of all Internet traffic.
- No one screen size has more than 20% of the market share.
- 61% of people have a better opinion of brands when they offer a good mobile experience.
- 60% of mobile shoppers use their smartphones while in a store, and another 50% while on their way to a store.
- 90% of people move between devices to accomplish a goal, whether that’s on smartphones, PCs, tablets or TV.
- Almost half a billion tablets will ship in 2013 and 2014 alone.
- Tablet users spend 50% more than PC users.
- 25.85% of all emails are opened on mobile phones, and 10.16% are opened on tablets.
- Mobile-based searches make up one quarter of all searches.
- 95% of smartphone users have searched for local info.
- Every 100ms increase in load time decreases sales by 1%.
Makes you think…
First off, this isn’t a SERPS-grabbing handy-hints-top-ten-list-o-rama type of post. This is just a blog about 21st Century society, technology and lifestyle inspired by my good friend Ali (https://twitter.com/AlisonArrowsmit) and some business coaching work she’s been doing with me. In today’s 24/7 society, do us as business owners ever stop and think about how much technology dominates our lives? And is that a good thing?
Welcome to a round up of the latest websites we have launched in September 2013, a wide range from e-commerce, estate agency and bespoke website builds.
If you would like to know more about having a great looking website designed and developed for your business, please get in touch. Funding for up to 40% of the total costs of each web project is available for certain types of business – please ask for more details.